Be’er Sheva is the vibrant and up-and-coming capital of the Negev Desert. Participants will be placed in a variety of positions within the budding industries in southern Israel such as cyber security, hi-tech start-ups, engineering, and research and rehabilitation centers. In addition to living in shared accommodations, there will also be ample opportunity to participate in a variety of educational content as a group and with other Onward Israel participants throughout the summer.
Wednesday, June 21 - Monday, August 14, 2017
$300 includes housing, insurance, modest food stipend, ground transportation and program costs.
All participants are responsible for cost of and arranging their own flights.
Participants will be required to submit a $250 program security deposit in cash upon arrival in Israel. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
Apartments or dorm-style housing in Be’er Sheva.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program.
This program is open to young adults from around the world with an interest in working in this area:
- Between 19-27 years old (or at least one full year post-high school at the start of the program)
- Who have NOT spent 3 or more months in Israel as part of an educational or peer-program (this includes semester abroad, gap year or any other MASA or Onward Israel program)
- Fluent in English
- Previous participation in Taglit-Birthright Israel is encouraged for any eligible applicants
*participants will also take part in a variety of educational programming throughout the summer, including a weekend seminar, content days and group meetings
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Group trip Internship FREE DAY SHABBAT
POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS ON THIS PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- VocaSee, a start-up focused on creating technology to improve the lives of users with hearing loss
- ALEH Negev – Nahalat Eran - a rehabilitative village for severely disabled children and adults
- Research placements at Sde Boker, focused on advanced science
- Select Professors and Research Projects at Sami Shamoon College of Engineering
- L7 Defense, a cyber security company at the forefront of the field
- GeoTeva, an environmental planning company
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel?
Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!
Onward Israel Science, Technology & Health is one of our global, theme-based programs, designed for applicants with a specific interest in working and exploring Israel through this topical lens. Preference will be given to applicants who are not eligible for a community or national partner based Onward Israel program.
This Onward Israel program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other leading philanthropists, Masa Israel Journey, The Jewish Agency for Israel. It is organized by Israel Experts.
If you have questions about your eligibility or for more information about these programs in general, please contact Rebecca Zuck at RebeccaZ@jafi.org
Participants on Onward Israel programs that are run in partnership with Masa may return to Israel on long-term Masa programs after Onward Israel. They may also be eligible for additional scholarships from Masa to help fund their participation, although the size of that scholarship may be influenced by prior participation on Onward Israel. For details please contact Masa Israel Journey directly.
In a partnership with: