Onward Israel is launching an exciting new opportunity called Design Your Own Onward (DYO), which gives students the opportunity to design and run their own program in Israel. Selected students will receive support from Onward Israel in designing, marketing, recruiting for, and running their program.
Winter 2017/2018 season (end of December through January/February)*
Determined by the needs of the individual program
ELIGIBILITY TO CREATE A DYO PROGRAM
- Current college/university students or recent graduates preferred
- Previous experience in Israel
- Fluent in English
- Previous participation in Taglit-Birthright Israel, Onward Israel, or another peer experience in Israel is encouraged for any eligible applicants
THE DESIGN YOUR OWN ONWARD PROCESS
- Winter/Spring 2017: Interested students create and submit proposals
- April 28, 2017: Students’ proposals for Design Your Own Onward programs are due
- May 15, 2017: Selected students (known from here on as Peer Leaders) receive notification of acceptance for Winter 2017-2018 DYO programs
- May 25, 2017: Peer Leaders’ contracts due
- May 31, 2017: Request For Proposals process opens for each DYO program’s Program Organizer
- June 30, 2017: Program Organizers’ proposals due
- Summer 2017: Peer Leaders work with Onward Israel staff to design and market their program and select Program Organizers’ proposals
- September 6, 2017: Registration opens for Winter 2017-2018 DYO programs
GET STARTED ON SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL; CLICK HERE!
- View a sample proposal here
Applications are open until April 28, 2017
This Onward Israel program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other lead philanthropists.
If you have questions about DYO or about the proposal process, please contact Rebekah Paster at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Dates for each program will be set by the Peer Leader in conjunction with the Program Organizer